For me, Christmas is cool and I enjoy the holiday chill weather, but the real Christmas comes in August.
One of the biggest east coast cons around, and the only one I go to each year due to cost and transport issues, this is basically my big vacation of the year. New anime to enjoy, video game competition and watching people play DDR, the music videos, MST3K… it’s all good, yo.
Of course, I gotta get through (checks watch) 2.5 more days of work and various sundry uses of free time before I’m there. No problem. I can handle it. It’s worth it.
If you’d like to bump into me at the con (and I don’t mind talking to fans as long as they don’t have tranq darts and handcuffs), here are some tips:
- As has been noted elsewhere in the journal, I’m a disatrophic dwarf, so don’t go looking for anybody over four feet in height. I’ll also be riding a 3-wheel motorized scooter. Watch your toes, I’m bringing the BIG one.
- I’m planning on wearing my blue Kaientai shirt (says EVIL on the front and INDEED on the back) saturday, and purple t-shirts the other days.
- Improfanficers, like last year, we’ll be meeting outside the fanfic panel when it concludes to go have some lunch and hang out. Shattuck has made his presence felt already and others should be there too.
- I can also be found in the video game room with unnerving frequency. Although I rarely actually play a game. I don’t know why, maybe it’s the crowds that are intimidating.
- If any hot chicks want to have sex with me at the con, please present paperwork proving that you are disease free and not currently dating someone six feet tall who could punt me all the way across the Inner Harbor of Baltimore.
I’ll probably have another update or two before Otakon, but I figured I’d post while it was on my mind.