Been awhile since I finished Sailor Nothing. (A few days counts as ‘awhile’, right?) Wondering what I’ve been up to?
- Raking in the praise (and donations) from SN. It’s like the dessert after eating your vegetables and feels real good for both my ego and my self confidence. Moneywise (Pennywise?), I’ve made $25 since ending the series off the donations box, not bad so far. I doubt I could make a living at this with this method but it buys me some nachos. Praisewise, I’ve gotten some very positive feedback to what I was worried was a lame ending, which gives me a good boost going into my next writing project — whenever I get into it.
- Haven’t been working on UltraRage or Unreal Estate yet. There’ll be time for them later; I’m forcing myself to take a break and enjoy some other things I never had time to do while writing, like…
- RPing on MUCKs, which I usually don’t have enough consecutive hours of free time to properly do. Trying to RP as Lain is amusing; play her a bit like Himei and toss in some Internet themes of freedom and duality and you’re golden.
- Music! I got a new song on my AcidPlanet Page, and have two more in the works. One’s a rap song set to country music, the other is a remix of DDR’s Brilliant 2 U… I found out that the vocals for the song were actually taken from a 10,000 music loop library that I bought! I can make a remix legally now since I have royalty free rights to use the main components of the song. Woohoo. I’m up to about 37 minutes of original music; once I get near an hour I’m gonna CD-burn my first album. Gosh. I can’t see anybody wanting to pay for a copy, but it’ll be great to have for my car stereo.
- Hangin’ with my friends, watching movies. Had an 80’s weekend at Josh’s house: Ghostbusters, American Psycho and Goonies. Also Ways of Kung Fu, which is so bad it’s funny.
The only bad part was the first day or two after I finished, when I’d sit in front of my computer and go ‘Okay… now what do I do?’ until I decide to just go take a nap for lack of anything to do. I’ve gotten beyond that stage and am doing, um, read above. Probably after I finish the upcoming UltraRage, since that’s a more or less scheduled project with a deadline, I’ll get back to Unreal Estate.
Thank you for all your support, and don’t forget to leave your thoughts on SN in the posting just below this one.