It’s that time of year again when we start getting government approved three day weekends, and I start using my annual leave to extend them into four-day mini vacations. Woohoo!
…except my track record is not so good. Last two ones, if you’ve been following my journal, I ended up feeling like I’d wasted the time and didn’t get to relax any. My sumo was insufficent. I’m not FEARING this one, since fourdays rock, but it is a concern.
Fortunately I have a few bonus factors in my favor… for instance, I just got Guilty Gear X. Whee! I likes crazy weapon fighters. Preordered Tony Hawk 3 and Smackdown 3… the latter is occupying my thoughts a great deal. SD2 was hella fun not because Gosh Golly Gee I Can Rassle As Rocky! but because I viewed it as a ‘Sports-Entertainment Construction Kit’ that just happened to have some WWF guys in it. This time around, match types are more robust, season mode will hopefully be better (from what I’ve read there’s a danger that season mode was REMOVED in favor of a ‘Story Mode’ that is not endless) and there’ll be 20-30 create-a-character slots. I could make my own gang of characters, take screenshots, write stories, compose entrance music, ressurect my SD2 characters like DJ Karma and Tyler Durden so I could alter the factions and…
Uh… okay, before THAT gets out of hand lemme get back to reality. Bullet points always work for me. So…
- Guilty Gear X, rock, yay.
- I also still need to finish Final Fantasy 9; I haven’t played in weeks out of my standard Fear Of Screwing Up In A Game, but I’m doing well and am on disc 3 and am steamrolling bosses the strat guides claim will cause me problems, so maybe I’ll take it up again.
- There’s a song I’m almost done working on (Thanks, Josh!). It’s a little frustrating, even with untold amounts of money sunk into loop libraries, getting something going that sounds GOOD is hard as hell, much less making that sound non-repetitive. But, that’s the tradeoff for doing loop music, and I can cope.
- If I choose to attack it early, there’s always Unreal Estate.
- Saturday is our semiweekly Bijoux Saxon Movie Party, which as always rocks sufficently and this week will have 49 frogs.
So basically there’s no LACK of things to do, and thus no worries I’ll be bored. After that it’s all down to being able to accept nonproductivity.