I can see the horizon from here… and there are many things both wonderful and scary on it.
- As I said before, I’m moving. Not very far, just five miles away, but to a much nicer new house with a sun room and a big kitchen and guest bedrooms and all the things my parents want… AND I get the entire furnished basement as an apartment. Words cannot describe how cool that is; we’re talking a large area, big enough for my own bedroom, kitcen, rec area, storage for my anime goodies, bathroom, etc, etc… with its own outside entrance no less. RIGHTEOUS. But, the process of getting there will be awful — packing things up, stress leading to moving day, unpacking, wrangling internet access (I lose my broadband!), contracting a plumber to add a shower to the room before I can officially move in… etc, etc. It’s gonna be miserably awful. But at least it’ll clear up by December and be righteous then.
- WWF No Mercy comes to PPV on the 23rd and has a lot of matches I’m looking forward to for a change. Interesting stuff. Smackdown should set them up, for folks who want to avoid spoilers. Speaking of which…
- Smackdown 3 is coming out Nov. 8th. I’m completely stoked; 20 create-a-character slots and lots of new features. I wish we had more solid info on how it’s going to work and what features/chars have made the cut, though. All the game news sites seem to deliver is quicktimes of Rocky posing and crap like that. It’s driving me nuts and I wish the game would freakin’ get here already!
- Tony Hawk 3 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 are also coming out soon. Playing TH1 was a zen meditation for me; put it on Free Skate and just grind around, word. Awwyeah.
- Unreal Estate… I’ve started writing more of it. Haven’t posted yet (I only have an extra 0.5 scene done) but it’s really wacky so far. I forgot how much fun it could be to do a comedy series, the way you can warp the narrator and link action together in silly ways through it. This should be very much akin to Ah! My Hentai in terms of wacky levels — and in terms of attention to relationships, emotion and other character issues. UE will start out as a high speed frenzy of ‘Whaa, what’s going on?!’ but once the world is established we should be cozy with the chars.
- Planning out a comic series for Myth. It’s not my best stuff, but it should work out well. I am a little worried I won’t have time to fully script it, although she’s giving me plenty of room to manuver. Another friend of mine has also asked for help writing ANOTHER comic run, and I can’t turn this guy down; he’s one of my best friends in the werld and I really would like working with him… but hooboy, stress…
- Ultra, Ultra, Ultra… damage control and scene writing. Ugh. Be glad when this is over. Not because I hate it but because I want it finished. If we don’t end it soon the Ultra Curse will likely claim a life; we’ve come close to it several times.
- I got the Godfather DVD box set and am determined to find time to watch all TWELVE HOURS of the films and extra materials. (Even without the bonus goodies it’d be nine hours…) Aiee. Still, it’s an american classic and it’s time well spent — plus I haven’t seen 2 and 3 in awhile and am looking forward to them. I’m about halfway through 1 right now, I stopped after Salazo got plugged.
- I’ve still got my music to create — AcidPlanet community standards tend to call for a new track every week or two weeks. I’ll probably be more lax than that, although I enjoy working with music; it’s a great release and not too hard to do, even if it can be frustrating finding a sound that ‘clicks’ for me. I have two tracks in storage waiting to be posted so I’m ‘buffered’ for awhile.
- And somewhere along the way I need to watch my usual shows, RP online, relax, eat, sleep, etc.
So, I’ll warn now: On the things I’ve listed above, do not expect rapid progress. Maybe UE will be written quickly, maybe not, but I want to warn that ‘maybe not’ is likely. I really angsted tons over not writing Sailor Nothing fast enough, I’m going to try to avoid that this time — especially with so many other things cooking which ostensibly are here for my recreational purposes.
Until I get paid for this stuff (beyond donations, which are very helpful and thank you and keep them coming and/or donate to the Red Cross, which is also good for the soul) I’ll do my best to keep it fun for me rather than a chore. And that means taking my time and trying not to angst over taking my time.
Although I simply itch in eager anticipation of everything I see coming… it’s gonna be hectic, it’s gonna be stressful, but it’s gonna be WILDLY FUN, too. >:)