Lots of fun hardware tinkering this week planned. I hate computer hardware. Every time I crack open that box I stand a 20% chance of critical failure which downs my computer for days; that’s just how my luck goes. Hopefully the minor actions I have in mind — HD swappage — won’t be as nasty.
* In one corner, we have the P4, which has a 40gb HD and a second 40gb HD.
* In the other, a MAME Box, which has a 40gb HD.
* I bought a 120gb HD.
1. Pop the 120gb into the MAME box. Format, and copy all my ROMs and videos onto it.
2. Remove the 120gb from MAME, install it into the P4. Copy my second 40gb’s contents onto the 120gb.
3. Remove the now empty 40gb.
Is it bad for me to have an irrational fear of something going wrong during that process? I’m hoping WinXP on the P4 doesn’t panic and demand to be reauthorized, because Bioware didn’t send me a PC with any software disks or lisences at all…
But if this works, in the end, I’ll have ub3r space and the previously stuck-on-the-MAME-box videos like Invader Zim and .hack//SIGN fansubs available to me. Bonus.