Some stuph and things.
* Initial responses are coming in for PR5. Overall, pretty sweet, and folks are happy with it which makes me happy in turn. A few bugs but I’ve done my best to beat them and I can accept some problems.
* Nothing new to announce for UE. I’ve been tinkering with the outline a little, now I just need a good mental frame to write.
* Did some work on the FoD intro movie, getting ready for the actual logo to be provided by Jen. Minor spoiler but it’s too damn cool to not relate to you all… so far, it’s got a brief RAM/ROM CHECK animation, like firing up a MAME rom — then the Winners Don’t Use Drugs screen — then a big blank stretch while the theme music plays, I’ll put shadrad‘s artwork here — then the logo Jen’s gonna do, and Edwyn’s Capcom announcer voice going ‘Fist Of Discomfort!’ with an INSERT COIN flashing graphic ripped from Aliens vs. Predator. Even in a pre-embryo state, it’s a thing of beauty.
* Shadra’s early sketches for the FoD characters are are simply excellent, PERFECT anime renditions of the NWN polygons, and they’ll go a long way towards defining the characters. Very satisfying to me to see them done so well. I’m thinking I’ll include larger versions of the graphics in the accompanying FAQ for the game, which details all the special attacks / etc.
* Yesterday, Namco and Nintendo announced a new version of Pac-Man for the Gamecube — designed by Shigeru Miyamoto, and with a whole bunch of innovative twists that keep it to the core concept but allow for multiplayer mayhem (3 players control the ghosts, 4th plays Pac-Man on a GBA). COOL. Screw Metroid, Forget Zelda, Mario is lame — give me retrogaming, though, and I’m a happy man. Now all I need is a really good remake of Robotron 2084 for the PS2’s dual analog controller and I’ll be a happy man.
* Of course, with joy comes mind numbing brain wrenching horror, as I had one of the weirdest and most unpleasant nightmares in awhile after finally hitting the sack; some bizarre dream about being held captive by professional wrestler Raven in an abandoned town while in a coma but not really, and he was psychologically torturing me. Waagh. @_@ Weird.
* Finally, I’d like to announce that I am running a Penultima side-story called X Spots the Marks over on NeverwinterConnections, and I need signups. If you’re interested, here are the details