Beach trip comin’ up! We’re leaving Friday night, so I need to prep. Here are some personal notes to myself, which I also expose to you in an act of voyeuristic pleasure.
* GBA: Find some sort of easy to access container for use in the car; bring unit, headphones, hp adapter, power adapter, FFO, SPF, Poke, AW, RotG, TDX, WW. Six games so maybe a storebought case’d be okay, could leave old GB games at home, check at Best Buy tonight. Charge GBA thursday night, let sit. Get Pinball of the Dead
* PS2: Buy a regular TV adapter and a six-button stormchaser since EtM broke mine dammit; pack it up with DVD remote adapter, DVD remote, and games: THPS4, .H/2, 2600, WotM, MvC2, Amp, DDRMax, CodeBreaker!. DVDs: gotta have kung fu so Animatrix, iron monkey, kung pow, maybe AGF if it arrives in time. anything else, stuff M&C wouldn’t object to? Buy CD flipfile to store games/DVDs/CD-Rs in, boxes suck
* LAPTOP: Load with earthlink trial disk ASAP. Cancel after the first week if possible. Load DW4 and UE files, planning notes for FoD and AA, bookmarks and ICQ number
* CD-RS: Bring MP3s: 80’s (burn a new copy) and ReActivate, make sure winamp on laptop is 2.0. Bring Jen’s MP3 walkman (use same headphones as using for GBA)
* Cheapass games? Not sure if Dr. Lucky has the right deck of cards (got mixed with Andy’s), that’s all I really have other than Brawl which doesn’t get played much.
…okay, back to normal blogging. The Stefan Gagne’s Stash of Overpriced Novelty Crap store will be online once Jen gets the UE t-shirt graphic redone; wait’ll you see the diverse range of overpriced novelty crap for sale! Woohoo! It’s not really intended to make me money (each item has maybe 50 cents to a dollar of markup) but just provide a way for folks to get the crap they desire.
Also this week I’m gonna somehow mix in FoD and AA development with my packing, although that’s bloody unlikely. I’ve really gotta ramp up FoD dev, I have most of the voices recorded and the rest is just implementation — and once it’s done that’s another in the bag..
Edit: Did a Best Buy run. They didn’t have Pinball of the Dead (“It doesn’t fit with what our customers want” or some BS like that was their santized reasoning) or a six button control pad. All they had was MON$TER video cables, but I wasn’t gonna walk out empty handed so I got ’em. I did get a NICE CD case, though (24! in one tiny tiny thing!) and an okay GBA carrying minibackpack, which fits everything although the e-reader and power adapter are kind of a squeeze.