Bringin’ y’all up to date on the doings and goings on.
I’ve been busy editing Forsaken Shores, for the published book — and organizing the purchase of a new computer (which may be delayed thanks to Sandy Goddamn Bridge). Also, I’m pondering where to go first with anachronauts. I have several promising “leads” of what I can do next, but I’d love to hear your take on them.
For my next trick, I could…
1. Write the “chroming the moon” Second Age story. How do the Orbitals finally work through their power consumption problems? Let’s find out! I’m thinking a ‘pseudo-documentary’ style story, here. Dunno how exciting it’d be, since I don’t have any actual CONFLICT planned, but it’s fun worldbuilding.
2. Write an Astro Gal story. I’ve been fascinated by the idea of a timelocked teenage heroine; how she copes with daily life, how she does the superhero thing in a realistic world. This one would be very standalone, since it’s focused completely on her, with some Una/Nel in the mix too.
3. Finalize London’s Fog, write its bonus story, publish the book. More books are always an option, and might be better to get these out of the way before Stars Fall. But working on a book means more weeks without free content releases, and if nobody’s gonna buy it, that’s not a good use of my time.
4. Finalize a “Tales of the Second Age” compilation book. Less sexy than the other options, but it’d be good to have this in print before Stars Fall, since some of the SA-exclusive characters like Elisa Morales and Astro Gal and such will be playing a part. Same drawback as an LF book; more ‘dead air’ between free releases as I work behind the scenes.
5. Get going on Stars Fall. I’ll be honest; the plot isn’t totally finalized and if I do this, it means no more Second Age stories, and doing it before we have the books finished could mean a long delay for the Stars Fall book, etc. So the others are more viable. But if there’s more interest in finishing the saga than the above story and project ideas, I can skip ahead.
We’re in the “last days” of anachronauts, but those last days will still take awhile, what with the lingering side stories and publications and the final series to work on. It’s just a matter of what the audience wants to see more of. What intrigues them, what drives them.
What do you think? Any of the above? Anything I’m missing? Anything you thought of that you’d wanna see? Etc.