I’d like to run a proposal by y’all.
What I’m considering is a migration to Tumblr and Disqus, tied together.
* Tumblr is a hot social network right now, and Disquis is a common forum system. People can share my Tumblr blog posts easily, and plenty of readers probably also have Tumblr or Disqus accounts.
* Both are easily embeddable; I can stick a discussion thread right on the story page, and have the SAME thread be shared with the relevant Tumblr post. Folks can easily comment without leaving the site, or they can comment from Tumblr itself.
* On top of all that, I don’t HAVE to dump Livejournal; I just mirror my posts over here, for my fans who prefer it, with a link off to the Tumblr page for comments.
* Finally… I might get more feedback this way. I have way more hits to the site than I have posts in the LiveJournal and I’m wondering if LJ’s format, technical problems, and lack of embedded commenting is the culprit.
* You couldn’t post with your LiveJournal account. You’d have to post anonymously — although you can put your name in, which you can’t do when anonymously posting here. You’d still have an identity. I’d know Jen is my sister, etc.
* It’s kind of a pain to crosspost to LiveJournal each time I update. But I crosspost to Twitter and Facebook already, so what’s one more if it means my LJ based fans can still track me?
* It might not get me any more comments than I’m already getting. Maybe the silent masses aren’t silent because they hate LiveJournal, they’re just silent because they’re silent.
So… I’m not sure. Since the folks who read this blog are my most diehard readers, I toss it open to you. Would you be amicable to this change? Would you dislike it? Am I overlooking something important? I’m open to any and all feedback. Thanks.
New story content monday, I think.