So, no new City of Angles story content for you. But! I have other content for you to enjoy. I plan to post to the blog every Saturday, until we’re ready to launch vol//003 proper. This week: Survey Time, and a Casting Game!
Wouldya Like Ta Take a Survey?
After the end of vol//001, I send a survey to you all asking about what characters you wanted to see in the future, and what city topics you’d enjoy seeing explored. The results of that survey are why we got focus stories for Grandma Scarlett and Hollister, as well as a story about the Sideways Signals. Time has come to do it again!
This time, the survey talks about your favorite and least favorite characters, as well as how you prefer to read my stories and what stories you’ve read in the past. Also, a bunch of possible topics for my next story after City of Angles. I won’t OBEY the survey results as binding law, but it will help guide me to produce stuff my readers wanna read! Let your voice be heard and take the survey today! It’s spoiler free, too.
Hollywood Stars in City of Angles!
Lawrence Chu (our glorious Editor in Chief) met up with me this week and we got to talking about who could be cast in a live action version of City of Angles. It’s a bit of a fantasy cast, assuming we get the actors and actresses in their prime and at an appropriate age for the character. If you have any alternative suggestions, post them in the comments!
I’ll be frank — I don’t know much about celebrities. A few of these are head scratchers for me, but Chu knows his Hollywood, so I trust his judgment.
- Dave Smith is Ed Norton. He can do the somewhat distant and put upon Dave quite well, assuming we get a young Ed Norton.
- Penelope Yates is Emma Watson. She’s got the range to play her young, older, and play Bedlam and Echo as well.
- Gregory Yates is Viggo Mortenson. History of Violence, nuff said.
- Elizabeth Yates is Jennifer Connely. Has a good sacrificial beauty aspect.
- Karla Berkowitz is Linda Hamilton. Kinda on the nose.
- Karla’s husband is ??? in a full body cast. Probably just a prop.
- Archibald Tully is James Gandolfini. A dumpy retired gangster.
- Johnny the Icepick is Danny Trejo. In a Maitre’D outfit, of course.
- Marcy Wei is Ellen Wong. Got the passion and anger for it.
- Vivi Wei is Chloe Moretz.
- Hollister Avenue is Neal Patrick Harris. PERFECT voice and attitude, a bit old for it now, but in his prime.
- Jon Polk is Max Casella. Cheesy!
- Britney Geneva is Miley Cyrus. The reality TV annoyance from //002.
- Cass is Brie Larsen. I could see her having the right coolness for it.
- Kelsey Jones is Felicia Day. Manic pixie dream girl gone nuts, anyone?
- Miranda Walker is Gina Torres. Has the right snark and seriousness.
- Carl Matthews is Joel McHale.
- DJ Picasso is Sonny Moore. …yep.
- Gus Zero is Zac Efron.
- Gustav is Bruce Willis. Cold and cruel old gangster, it works.
- Annabell Jorgensen is Helena Bonham Carter. Plays a burnout well.
- Grandma Scarlett is Sigourney Weaver. Muwahaha.
- Jack Hayes is John Hamm. Plays a burnout VERY well.
- Ellie is Wynona Ryder. Kind of on the nose, but…
- Carlos Alvarez is John Leguziamo. Has good manic energy for //013.
- Seth Dougal is Avery Brooks. He’s also Nyarlathotep in anachronauts, so…
- Detective Cartwright is Michael C. Hall.
- Jayden is Donald Glover. The other trainee in //002.
- Milly Frisk is Dakota Fanning. Has the right sensitivity for the role.
- Lucas Flynn is Elijah Wood. A younger Elijah, good wide-eyed enthusiasm.
- Fi is Franka Potente.
- Reggie is Aldus Hodge. Age of the geek, baby.
Whaddya think? Agree, disagree, other suggestions? Post in the comments!