Pull up a chair, folks, it’s EDITING TIME!
I’ve made a number of edits to the chapters of Floating Point, to set up some plotlines and Chekov’s Guns, and to redirect a few plots I already had in play. Since you’re draft readers and I want to make sure you’re kept up to date, here’s the changelog.
- FLOATING POINT 1.1 – GANK
- Expanded Spark discussing her family life, while talking about the Church of One, to highlight an incident from her past where she came in conflict with her mother.
- Expanded Verity’s last will and testament to explain (or not explain) how she discovered Floating Point, some details on the state she found it in, and what it means to her.
- FLOATING POINT 1.2 – NUDE
- Expanded Beta’s narration regarding her “sphere runtime hack,” to better explain what she did. It’s not some unique thing only she could possibly do. In general I’m trying to lower her “special snowflake” quotient a little.
- Closed a plot hole about how the Zero Virus works to point out that connection lock collars aren’t strong enough to shut down their connection to the Zero cloud server. (This edit went up a few days after this blog post.)
- FLOATING POINT 1.3 – FEEL
- Beta further explains the “sphere hack” and why repeating it would be a terrible idea. Basically reiterates the earlier change.
- Patreon Readers: A scene in next week’s posting where Beta quotes her departed auntie was changed to quoting Verity. I’m eliminating that subplot from the story.
(And a bunch of things in 1.4, but you haven’t read 1.4 yet, so we’ll not discuss those.)
Just a bunch of random things, right? Well… kinda. There’s a lot coming down the pipe where these items are quite vital. Which means by highlighting them here it’s like hanging a giant neon sign over them reading PLOT POINT! but that’s the cost of doing business with a shifting draft.
Thanks for your patience. This Friday we’ll see the final scenes of 1.3. The next week I’ll be taking off, so readers have time to catch up, maybe check out anachronauts or City of Angles too. I do hope to have some blog content up that day, regardless… something special. Stay tuned.