Today’s developer blog post is all about art, and how much we crave it.
We hunger for art. Our palms sweat and our eyes itch. We wish to consume art. It will be pushed into every pore of our body until we are saturated with its visual goodness. And then, at our most perfect moment when we are one with flesh and art, we shall Transform into Something Greater.
In short, Arcade Spirits is looking for artists.
(For new folks, Arcade Spirits is a visual novel set in the alternative year 20XX in which arcades never faded away. It’s a workplace romantic comedy and if you like games and/or love, you’ll dig it.)
If you’re interested in drawing character art for Arcade Spirits in the visual novel style (anime or western), or you know someone who’d be keen, let us know! We’ll need your contact info, portfolio links, your typical pricing, and so on. This is not a free gig (artists die from exposure) or a short term thing — we’re looking for someone we can collaborate with over several months to a year, and will pay fair rates for contracted work. If you’ve got the open schedule and we like what we see, we can bust the piggy bank for ya.
Here’s what we’re looking at, approximately, so you know what you’re in for.
- Character art will be head down to upper thighs, sized for 1080p, on a transparent background. Some may require layers which can be recolored and composited together (such as the player’s image).
- Seven core cast members have 1-3 alternative poses or costumes, and several facial expressions.
- Approximately 10-20 side characters, with no alternate costumes and only a few expressions.
- Some “CG” illustrations, moments where characters are depicted at key points in the plot.
- Will collaborate with the writers on the broad strokes but have some freedom to make suggestions about attire, accessories, etc.
Since I know a lot of creative sorts from my Impromanga / Improfanfic / ULTRA / Neverwinter Nights days I wanted to throw the first fishing lures out here on the dev blog and see who bites. So, can you draw? Does someone you know and love like to draw? Hook a fellow up and let’s see where this goes.